Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offer of Service

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whoiam

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm

I had typed out a fairly lengthy post offering to do hobby programming/PHP scripting for anyone on here with a decent idea for something they wanted automated.

Then the forum crashed, and it was lost.

Anyway, offer's still there (PHP/Mysql and Java for online development, and C/C# for off - including projects with offline components that can store their results online... chat log stores, etc).

But in addition, I have me lots of webspace on a commercial hosting provider (dreamhost), paid for in advance for the next 23 months. I have a domain at thirdcursus.com that's used for little more than my occasional experiments online. It takes me about 20 minutes to turn a subdomain (Alorn.thirdcursus.com, for instance) over to someone else's control and let them use my hosting account. I even offer a special rate - $0 a year to RP groups I like - because, honestly, I pay the same whether I use my allocations up or not.
Back to top Go down
Izzinidia
Admin
Admin
Izzinidia

Female Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Well, I believe it will be discussed amongst Zillah, Mason and myself. Although in the end, obviously it will be my choice as a whole.

And I don't think I've ever seen the forum really crash yet. O.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/charap/izzinidia.htm
whoiam

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 pm

I meant more a 'momentary lapse of service' - that is, it stopped responding for a minute or two.

I wouldn't have minded so much except it did it *right* as I was posting... so the post was lost. A minute or so either way and I would have been fine:(

Anyway, I don't know the limits of your current free hosting package, so I'm not going to bother trying to persuade you the hosting I'm on is better suited to your needs. It's there if you want it, but the main purpose of this thread is (or was supposed to be) on the offer of my services as a programmer/scripter. Good projects can be hard to find sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Izzinidia
Admin
Admin
Izzinidia

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:23 pm

The thing I'm more so interested in finding right at this particular moment is something for the website since it is incredibly unreliable. It may not look it when you view it. But it is when it comes to editing...The service is always down at the wrongest of times. u.u;
Back to top Go down
whoiam

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:46 pm

...Yes, it can take a website. As I said, I own the thirdcursus.com domain, so any subdomain of that is free for me to hand out. And there's plenty of space. And if it can handle PHPBB, it can handle regular web pages. (And unlike most free hosting, it can handle both, in pretty close to unlimited quantities)

So, http://alorn.thirdcursus.com/ would be free, if you wanted it. And could take anything written in HTML, CSS, PHP and Java/Javascript. Such as PHPBB. Or the Alorn Website. Or both.
Back to top Go down
Izzinidia
Admin
Admin
Izzinidia

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Well, I would like a website...and it never hurts to try it as a website...although I'm not so worried about the forum, I mean, nothing is perfect and I've yet to have a massive amount of problems with it so far just as I have with stupid ass freewebs.com...swear to god...don't ever try them...But if we can make a website...that would be wonderful.
I'd like to try that.
Back to top Go down
whoiam

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm

I'll need a username and password from you for the FTP access: PM or whisper me with them. From the time I set things up, it's generally 2-6 hours before a subdomain is visible on the internet.

Of course, you'll have FTP access before then, so feel free to get things in place early.

Incidentally, if there is anything you want automated or scripted for the site, let me know, hm?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offer of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offer of Service   Offer of Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Offer of Service
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Board :: TO THE ADMINS-
Jump to: